Thursday 6 September 2012

Nuno felting with Charity Van Der Meer /Fieltro con Charity Van Der Meer

Felters paradise
When I arrived to the New England Felting Supplies I saw that the other felters had previously reserved their packs of material which included hand dyed silk, merino top and other embellishments such as neps and silk hankies, to match the color of the silk. I had some white pongee silk with me so with Charity we started shopping for the other materials I would need and this is more or less what I bought; Merino/Silk top, raw silk, silk hankies, locks, wool neps, alpaca/silk top... this place really is a felters paradise!!!! Below you can see Charity showing us all how to prepare the collar so that when we are wearing it all the fantastic materials we used to embellish are revealed, further below are photos of the laying out of my coat and materials and finally a photo of me wearing my nuno silk felted coat.

In 2013 Charity will be coming to Argentina to give 3 of her felting courses; Nuno felted dress, nuno felted short jacket and nuno felted long coat. If you are interested in participating in any of these courses then contact me and i will send you further information.

Charity showing us how to prepare the collar

almost ready to start felting
the laying out of all the materials
Cuando llegue a New England Felting Supplies vi que los demas habian previamente reservado sus pack de materiales. Por suerte habia llevado una cuantas metros de seda blanco y Charity me ayudo a comprar los demas materiales., compre pañuelos de seda, neps de lana, mezclas de merino y seda y alpaca y seda y algunas cosas mas para agregar textura. En los fotos pueden ver a Charity mostrandonos como poner las sedas en el cuello y otras fotos mostrando parte del proceso de como se fue haciendo mi tapado.
En el 2013 Charity vendra a la Argentina a dictar 3 cursos de fieltro nuno, un vestido, un saco de verano y el mismo curso de tapado que hice yo con ella.
Si quieren mas informacion sobre los cursos comunicate conmigo que ya estoy organizando todo!!
the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment