Thursday 14 July 2011

Cobweb Felt

Last weekend I found a shop nearby that sells Angora. I had been wanting to include Angora in my
felting projects for sometime now so this was the perfect opportunity. I decided to use the angora in a white wrap i wanted to make using the cobweb felting technique. According to Christine White in her book Uniquely Felt, cobweb felt is a sheer transparent felt that has a holey texture and is made of long swirled fibers. I started my project today by getting together the fibers I wanted to use, merino wool, angora, and white tussah silk combed top.The end result you can see in the picture, it is a beautiful sheer, super soft and delicate looking fabric, perfect for that special occasion


 Hace unos dias encontre un local cerca que vende angora. Queria usar angora en algunos de mis projectos entonces compre. La queria para usar en un chal que iba hacer con la tecnica de Cobweb felt. De acuerdo a Christina White en su libro Uniquely Felt, el cobweb felt is transparente con una textura calada y esta hecha con mechas largas de lana. Prepare los materiales; el top de merino, la angora, un poco de seda tussah. El resultado lo pueden ver en las fotos, quedo una chalina muy luminosa y super suarve.

No comments:

Post a Comment