Monday 8 October 2012

Happy Felt United Day

Every first saturday in October, felters from around the globe celebrate showing their work to the rest of the world.
I must admit that this year I let the day pass by without much celebration, mainly as I was in the middle of organising a trip to England to catch up with family and friends.

I feel a bit guilty that I did not celebrate this important date felting something special to put up on the Felt United Facebook page, as so many other felters did, but as I sat down today and thought about it, I have actually been celebrating felting most of this year.







My felting year started with Andrea Graham, taking a few of her webcam classes around february.  I made a couple of hats, a felted landscape and one of her pods.





In March I took a felting class with Rutsuko Sakata here in Buenos Aires




In June, I travelled to Massachusetts to make a nuno felted coat with Charity Van Der Meer.

Recently I was invited to Siv Goransson´s felted fashion show




In November I will be travelling from Yorkshire to Devon where I will be taking Liz Clay´s hand felted flounced scarf course.



Finally, I have been working for some months now on next years Felt United day.  As some of you already know, next year Charity Van Der Meer will be visiting South America to give 3 of her courses; nuno felted dress, summer jacket and winter coat. She will be in Buenos Aires and Chile and possibly Brazil.

Ok, so now I dont feel so guilty, Happy Felt United to all of you!!




2 comments:

  1. All your felted items are beautiful! You don't need to worry about anything :) You're travelling from Yorkshire to Devon for a class? Now that's commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Karen, I'm just now catching up on blog posts from Blogs we follow! I agree that your stuff is marvy. I think we can always learn something new. Have fun in England.
    A.

    ReplyDelete